© a Quinn Martin production
Lots of you have been asking what you can do to help. This year's resolution is to affect change on The Angeles and take back OUR forest. I will have an online petition circulating soon. Thanks everybody.

Introduction:
I originally wanted to blog about my adventures in the San Gabriel Mountains. I have some good stories, like the time I took a donkey to Ralph's Supermarket. But then the Station Fire started. I realized that there is much that needs to be brought to the attention of the mountain going public. Most folks are kept in the dark about how the Angeles National Forest operates. I will raise issues that are important to me, which are hopefully important to all citizens, but if you have any suggestions for discussion here, I am willing.

Here's the big agenda: Forest Supervisor Jody Noiron. I've made a few smart remarks and cryptic comments about her. But now, with the backing of some knowledgeable and trusted friends, it is time for a concerted effort to have her removed from her post. Stay tuned for details. And if you have any information you would like to contribute, anonymously or not, email me at gregsweet4@yahoo.com

I will get to some of the stories, sooner or later. Also, I want to make it clear that I no longer work at Adams' Pack Station, that these words are my own, and that the pack station is not the source of my information - they don't want trouble.

My Voice Is Being Heard

I got a voicemail message yesterday from the office of LA County Supervisor Michael Antonovich. I returned the call today and I was thanked for all the valuable information and resources. The representative updated me on all of the discussions, and with whom, are being had about the Station Fire.

I expressed my opinion that the fire was just an example of the poor and under management of The Angeles, and that a major reform is necessary on our local forest. I reminded them just how important The Angeles is to the physical and emotional well-being of so many Angelinos, and that Mr. Antonovich, an outdoorsman himself, ought to be sympathetic to the plight of our mountains.

Of course, I got very diplomatic responses to my concerns, but I think it is a positive sign that they called me back and are listening to citizens. The County is also pushing very hard for help from Congress and Senator Feinstein (who reportedly hates Jody Noiron, by the way) in reforming the management of The Angeles.

1 comment:

Bellis said...

Yay!!! Well done, Greg!